Sunday, October 31, 2010

Epiphany whee

Think I've finally figured out how to do the 3/4 view... it doesn't really need to be truly 3/4 so much as just partly on an angle or at least showing some degree of shape and stance other than flat on orthographic.

So I did a dig through google images, got a dragon picture with a relatively close to side view image, then built the vague outline of the skeleton over top of it, making the adjustments as necessary, which included proportional changes, how the wings are built, leg length and construction, alot of stuff like that, then redid it over top as another layer to more accurately display some pieces which need to be more accurate like how the neck, tail and waist connect.

So, now I have a sloppy, basic skeleton to build over top with updated, better looking parts.

As it's getting late, and I'm having problems concentrating, think this'll have to happen tomorrow, but this should allow relatively quick building of the main illustration, which I've been struggling with for weeks now. I figure... 2-3 hours tomorrow probably and it should be done even now that I finally have a template. I should've done this from the start, but I suppose sometimes you just only think of these things when half asleep. Odd, that.

Anyway, here's the sloppy skeleton that everything'll be built upon tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment