Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Car is totally finished, rendering settings have been completed.

I was *SUPPOSED* to be rendering this off on 3-4 computers at school... the school computers have been having a great deal of troubles lately, corrupting files and especially renders.







This time, however... I was having problems with one computer, so I saved the files back onto the thumb drive to transfer over to another. Bad idea.

The files got corrupted on the computer and don't work, and I didn't realize until after I transferred onto the thumb drive, which no longer had the files anymore, just the newly corrupted ones.

So I'm back home now, and what should have taken 3-4 hours is going to take all night and probably some of tomorrow.

This worries me that I may not have it finished in time for the demo reel... which's bad. Always something... would suck to miss the deadline for that due to technical problems >.<

Even so, going to try to bypass the school computer issue by doing all the final renders at home for the car. The stickfa's no problem and won't take any time to do, but the car is going to chew through probably12+ hours of render time considering it's taking roughly 2 minutes per frame to render off on my computer here... it was closer to 1 minute at school, and I could've run it through several computers at once there until the files got corrupted -_-

On the plus side though, it looks gorgeous, just truly beautiful as I had hoped. The previous 'movies' I've left on here before barely showed anything, just the basic model in a playblast, but never fully rendered like this.

Now anyone who sees this can finally see just how stunning it truly looks once rendered properly.

Hrm I think I'm going to add fog to the forwards lights... sure it'll take a little longer on render time, but this should make it even better. Lighting is everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment